Currently, PYSA has two programs:
- Fall Rec Program. This program is open to players age 5 – 14. The session each year runs approximately 5 to 7 weeks, and games are played at Kerr Dam fields on Sunday afternoons.
- Spring Program. This program is more competitive than the fall rec program, and is currently open for players age 9 – 19. Practice starts as early as January, indoors. At this point in the season, practices are typically once or twice a week. Once the weather allows, we move outdoors and practices are typically 2 to 3 times a week. Games are on Saturdays, with an occasional 2 or 3 day tournament. We play teams from all over the state and often travel to other towns for those games.
Both programs are open to any athlete with a desire to play soccer and a commitment to the team and the game.
Vision and Mission Statements
Polson Youth Soccer Association envisions a highly-respected organization that:
- Provides quality player development through exceptional coaches, facilities, and volunteers;
- Promotes a love of soccer in our community and a healthy lifestyle; and
- Inspires pride and the highest level of sportsmanship in our players, coaches and parents.
By promoting player development and sportsmanship in an enjoyable environment, Polson Youth Soccer Association encourages a healthy lifestyle and love of soccer in players of all skill levels and backgrounds from throughout the Greater Polson area.
PYSA is run 100% by our volunteers. We are very grateful to the people that dedicate their time and expertise to the organization.
There are currently 8 PYSA Directors on the Board. The bylaws call for 5 to 9 directors. Terms are one year. See our Board Page for more information on the current Board of Directors.
Each board member is a liason for one of 7 volunteer committees. Each of these committees has a committee chair that is responsible for finding more volunteers, and setting and working to reach goals for that committee.
- Player and Coach Development
- Field and Equipment
- New Facilities Development
For more information on the committees, visit our volunteer page.
PYSA is a part of the Montana Youth Soccer Association, which in turn is a part of US Soccer. Each year, we register our players with MYSA and MYSA in turn facilitates the scheduling of games, tournaments, and keeps track of our rosters.